Amazon Niche Website Strategy Declassified
If you are an affiliate marketer, owning an Amazon niche site is the most productive way to get increased visibility in the market and directly translating it into huge income every month. Amazon is world’s #1 e-retailer, dealing in physical and digital assets across the world, with ample space for affiliate marketing programs online.
If you are willing to get your affiliate marketer status upgraded, here is how you can use Amazon niche website to scale up your income and reputation.
How do Amazon niche websites work?
Any website that is affiliated with the Amazon associates program through links and banners is authorized to be termed as an Amazon niche website. The “niche” here represents the particular inventory the website markets. It is a broad spectrum word, covering one or all products on Amazon.
For your website to be called an Amazon niche, it should be primarily making most of its money from the Amazon affiliates program.
How to get the business up and running?
The strategy to make it big with Amazon niche websites is to adopt “micro-marketing” as the core operation. You can develop a host of niche marketing galleries on your own website, selling exclusively one item. For instance, if you wish to make sports goods your niche, you can sell racquets, bats, balls, baseball gloves, caps, jerseys, shoes, swimwear and even country/team flags. To get revenue from such a niche website, it takes a little more time and certainly, more money as it is an investment for creating a simple, single-item selling website.
Building the niche: The 5 step guide
Higher the competition, greater will be your chances of succeeding in the niche. Here’s how you can find and build a niche.
- Focus on technology niche. Blogs, technology updates on latest gadgets and event show.
- Dig into a medium competition niche. Build a premium site strategy based on up-to-date content, promoted through influencers and experienced affiliates.
- Do your SEO/SEM right. Your website should be easy to find and must rank high on Google.
- Optimize your website for speed, with attractive themes. In short, pick the best CMS to manage your content, with basic plug-ins compatible with your niche website.
- Build links for your niche using infographics, social media setup and guest posts. You should have enough products and sub-categories to build a site with links to promote them.
Picking an Amazon product: Quick Tips
- Start with something that is priced at $50, with an average customer rating of 3.5 and above.
- Verify sales rank from the Amazon product description list. The product must feature in top-500 best-sellers category.
- Pick a product that figures in the list of 500 local searches for the best product category. For this, you can capitalize on the XML sitemaps, evaluating the product reviews for each product.